Monday 5 August 2013

Essence - Tribal Summer swatches

This weekend I swatched the Essence Limited Edition Tribal Summer polishes I bought in Berlin.


From left to right:
  • Essence LE Tribal Summer - 02 INTI INKA
  • Essence LE Tribal Summer - 01 WAKA-WAKA
  • Essence LE Tribal Summer - 04 TIPI YA YEAH

These three were the only ones I found during my trip, the collection consisted of 5 different polishes. The ones I am missing are a soft beige nude and a coral red.


The first one I am showing you is 01 WAKA-WAKA, a very bright pink. It is a pretty colour, but it needed 3 coats. Pictures are without top coat.




Next is 04 TIPI YA YEAH, the purple. The colour is lovely and rich, but again I needed 3 coats, although you might get away with 2.




The last one is the yellow 02 INTI INKA. By the time I was swatching this the temperature had gone up considerably. It dried too quickly causing bubbles to appear on the polish. It dried rather streaky as well, needing 3 coats to even it out. I ended up adding top coat to smooth it a bit and get rid of the ugly bubbles. I also managed to bump my index finger, this polish and I did not seem to click.



The next picture shows how these bubbles looked like.  This is after two coats, you can clearly see it was not opaque in 2 coats and those bubbles... grrrr. It was about 27-29 degrees Celsius by the way, so not extremely hot.


We have had warm weather during the past weeks, none of my polishes bubbled like this. If you look closely the pink polish bubbled slightly, but that one was swatched when it was a bit cooler. I do wonder if the yellow will behave better at a lower temperature, perhaps I will try it sometime. I don't regret buying these, but I do wonder if the pink and purple ones are similar to a few Catrice polishes I have. I used the yellow as a base for a nail art mani, which I will show you in my next post. I nearly didn't as I was so fed up with that polish I was ready to take it all off. I did get a lot of compliments on the mani I did, so in the end I was happy with the end result. You will see soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment