Wednesday 2 October 2013

33DC2013 Day 5 - Mexican


Mexican... can be very close to tribal, but I did not want to do another tribal manicure. While searching for images to inspire me I stumbled upon this mani by Nail Cake. I'm not as gifted at freehanding nail art as she is, but I wanted to try. So chilli pepper nail art it is. It's part of Mexican cuisine, so even though a bit far stretched, it is Mexican *winks*.


The polishes I used from left to right:
  • Essence - 144 Black Is Back
  • Catrice Matchpoint LE - C01 Team Lucky Mustards
  • Catrice - 04 Orange-Utan
  • Catrice - 10 I'm Not A Greenager
  • Catrice - 09 Hugo Moss
  • Miss Helen - 125

I also used nail art brushes in two different sizes.




I started with 2 coats of Black is Back. I drew an outline of the chilli peppers in white in order for the colours to show. Using the bigger nail art brush I free handed some chilli peppers, in a very loose way. I did need to go over each pepper twice for it to cover nicely. I added thin black lines with the fine nail art brush to make it look more like a chilli pepper. Well maybe if you squint your eyes you can see they are chilli peppers *winks*.





I do like how vibrant this is, and glossy... Good thing my fingers did not taste like a chilli pepper!


No comments:

Post a Comment