Friday 1 November 2013

33DC2013 Day 18 - 2 patterns




Day 18 already! And it's november! Time goes fast! November is also prostate cancer awareness month, also called Movember for men growing a moustache to raise awareness for this cause. Did you know it started back in 1999 in Adelaide, Australia? I didn't... and I was living in Adelaide in November 1999.... the coincidence. Mind you, I did not own a tv or read any newspapers back then.

Since I cannot grow a moustache myself, I have painted them on my nails, in 2 different patterns!


From left to right:
  • Barry M Gelly - GNP10 Lychee
  • Barry M Matte - MNP3 Caramel
  • Barry M - NP273 Raspberry
  • Catrice - 710 Dulce & Havanna
  • NYC - 246 Park Ave
  • NYC - 003 Prey of Grey


I started with a base of Lychee, 2 coats. On my thumb, middle and ring finger I painted different moustaches with my smallest nail art brush. The "blonde" upturning moustaches were done with Caramel, the grey-brown downturning ones with Park Ave and the monostache with Dulce & Havanna. I painted them in the same order, but changed which stache started and ended on the nail.




On my index finger and pinky I created bigger moustaches with Raspberry and Prey of Grey. I wanted something contrasting the nude/browns, hence my choice of Raspberry. I used a dotting tool to start with, placing two dots next to eachother, and finished with my nail art brush to turn them into moustaches. I found these hardest to do to be honest.


The pictures above are with ordinary top coat.


I thought it would look better mattified... so I mattified my moustaches!. And I personally like it better matte. Left the normal top coat, right matte. All following pictures are matte.




How do you like it better? Glossy or Matte?

I wonder how many moustaches we'll see today from the other ladies! Check below!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE THESE NAILS! I think I like them better matte but that's tough to decide haha. I want to paint mustache nails now (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Go on then, do moustache nails! *grins* I'll keep an eye on your blog for them *winks*

      Delete
  2. Love love love. I think it looks amazing in matte.

    ReplyDelete