Wednesday 6 November 2013

33DC2013 Day 20 - based on a pattern in your wardrobe


It took me a while to decide which piece of clothing I'd make into a manicure, I have done it before here. I settled on a black and white dress I own. I'll keep this post short, time has not been my friend today as I type this, it's flown by! I blame youtube by the way...


The dress! I took a picture of the back so you can see the different types of flowers on it.


What I used for this manicure:
  • L.A. Colors - NP136 Black Velvet
  • Barry M - Nail Art Pen Black
  • Barry M - Nail Art Pen White

I started with a base of Black Velvet. It needed 2 coats to be opaque and dried very glossy as you can see below. That picture is without top coat. I don't understand why L.A. Colors would choose a black print on the bottle though...


Onto my manicure. Pretty straight forward, I speeded up drying with Glisten & Glow's HK Girl top coat. I used the nail art pens to recreate the flowers onto my nails. It was easier than it looks, honest! When all was dry I topped with HK Girl again. No smearing whatsoever! My Essence black polish tends to smear (even if it is opaque in 1,5 coats and beating this polish in that regard).




The print on the dress does not have perfect flowers, so the flowers on my nails aren't either. Made this much easier *chuckles*




I am very pleased with this manicure, it looks amazing... and of course I am wearing the dress to go with the nails! Absolutely perfect accessory! Which nail is your favourite? Mine is my middle finger, love the flower and the funky stem with leaves.

Check out the other ladies' wardrobe inspired manicures as well down in the Inlinkz!

3 comments:

  1. These are awesome!! I think you did a great job drawing the flowers on! I need to get my hands on those pens! But I think the only way to get them in the US is on ebay /: Nice work! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks! I've read on Lucy's Stash that Nails Supreme nail art pens (come in 2 different sets of lots of colours) that you can get on eBay are good as well.

      Delete