Sunday 15 December 2013

Nail Art Ideas Linkup - December - Shopping


This week's theme is shopping. I associate shopping with presents and spending money this time of year, even if I don't do any Christmas shopping myself. I did do Sinterklaas shopping though *winks*. This week I also spent some money of my own, but not much. I got the new Essence Limited Edition gold flake polish. Much cheaper than a real gold flake topper! I paid € 1,99 only. Bargain! And expensive for an Essence polish *chuckles*. Of course I had to use it for this week's N.A.I.L. mani. Let's take a look at all the polishes I used.

 From left to right:
  • Essence - Metal Glam LE - 01 Steel-ing the scene
  • Essence - 157 My fortune cookie
  • P2 - Sand Style - 040 illegal
  • L.A. Colors - NP106 Red Carnation
I decided to go for a skittlette mani, just because I love skittlettes. Reason enough for me!



On my index and middle finger I started with a base of My fortune cookie. It is a rather sheer gold polish, I think I used 3 coats, 2 weren't enough to cover the visible nail line. I then used my smallest nail art brush and Red Carnation to paint the ribbons. Don't they look like fancy wrapped presents?


On my thumb and ring finger I am wearing two coats of illegal topped with one coat of Steel-ing the scene. It did not smooth out the textured polish completely, but did add more bling. I really like it and think it looks just as good as actual gold shred toppers. I'm very glad I picked it up. In NL the Metal glam LE is in stores now, so go grab one while you can!


On my ring finger I started with a base of Red Carnation. Red Carnation was a red jelly to my surprise. I'm way behind on swatching my newer polishes on swatch sticks, so I had not actually seen it outside the bottle yet. It is a lovely red colour and being a jelly means I can use it for jelly stampwiches, whoohoo! But for today I added a pile of gold-coloured round studs (2mm) I bought on eBay. It represents the pile of money you spend while shopping of course!


Have you done all your Christmas shopping yet? That is if you do at all of course. Do you need your own bottle of Steel-ing the scene now?


6 comments:

  1. Oh, wat leuk bedacht en gedaan! Die strik is echt geweldig goed gelukt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Dank je! Ik begin freehanding steeds leuker te vinden, zelfs zonder mijn super tekenskills

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty, I'm loving the red and gold together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gold is growing on me... very very very slowly though ;)

      Delete
  3. this is cute- I especially like that gold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if I am missing a "gold-appreciation"-gene... but I do like how it looks with red, seems like a classic combination

      Delete