Friday 10 January 2014

Nail Art Ideas Linkup - January - Health & Wellness


The first weekly prompt did not inspire me much, so today you'll not see one of my best work. I do like the gradient I did though. Today's polishes have been sitting in my Helmer drawer for a while now, unused. Poor things. Let's take a look at them.


From left to right:
  • KIKO - Sugar Mat - 636 Mint
  • KIKO - Sugar Mat - 639 Golden Mandarin


I started out with a simple gradient with Mint and Golden Mandarin, both are named after healthy foods and thus belong with this week's theme. All I did next was stick some fruity fimo slices on top of this with a tiny dab of top coat. That's all that there's to it.




Do I like this mani? No. Do I think it's wearable? No. Did I take it off very quickly? Yes. Will I revisit this colour combination? Yes.

Now you better hurry and look at the other ladies, who did much better than I did *winks*
------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute though! I agree it's not wearable everyday, but it's cute! I love the color combination of your gradient. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks cute, but on my own nails it doesn't feel like it.

      Delete
  2. your fruity slices are cute-- i always think fimo is a good idea until i put it on and then i'm like meh.. they never sit right on the nail LOL
    That mint color looks really nice !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same, when I first got sucked into nail art I seriously considered buying those fimo canes, but now I am glad I didn't and just bought a cheap set with a few to try first

      Delete