Wednesday 1 January 2014

Nail Art Ideas Linkup - December - New Year


Happy New Year! I'm celebrating with fireworks... watching. I leave the pyromaniac stuff to the hubby (only legal stuff, I prefer he keeps all of his fingers and eyes ;)...). And of course I had to do fireworks on my nails as well with my new Vivid Lacquer stamping plate! Let's go to the hardware first.


From left to right:

And VL015, on of many lovely Vivid Lacquer stamping plates. I forgot to take a picture before using it, so please excuse the bad clean-up I did.



On my index finger and pinky I'm wearing lovesome, a hot pink textured polish with gold shimmers. This is two coats, no top coat. On my other fingers and thumb I started with a base of Black Pearl, 2 coats and top coat before I started stamping. For my middle and ring finger I used the singular fireworks images (lower right corner on the plate). I stamped in layers with several colours of my Mundo de Uñas stamping polishes. They stamp very well, they are quite thick but dry pretty quickly as well.



On my thumb I used the centre top image, using several dabs of the blue and cooper stamping polish, it kind of blended when I scraped the plate. I added a loose silver and gold firework to make it more interesting.



Bonus image: the right hand! I am not leaving that hand without polish! Do you celebrate New Year's with fireworks?

------------------------------------

6 comments:

  1. This is an insanely cool manicure! :) I love what you've done here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these fireworks! I tried to free-hand paint some fireworks for this theme. It was no good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I knew I could never free-hand fireworks as lovely as this stamp, so I didn't even try *winks*

      Delete
  3. Hey! These are awesome!!
    Very explosive.

    ReplyDelete