Monday 8 September 2014

31DC 2.0 - Blue or Violet


Hi all!

I'll keep it short, I did these nails past weekend already, but I was procrastinating the photo editing bit *winks*. Today's prompt is blue or violet, I went with blue. Miraculously I managed to remove the accent nail I wore all last week and patch the ring finger nail again. However, I did shorten it a tiny bit. I might actually get good at this patching a nail thing.


I've got the blues:
  • I Love Nail Polish - You're My Boy Blue
  • L.A. Girl - 3D Effects - GNL306 Brilliant Blue
  • Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear - Pacific Blue (old)
  • NYC - 325 Raindrop


My ring finger is 2 coats of Brilliant Blue (on top of a couple of layers top coat and teabag). The other nails have 2 coats of You're My Boy Blue as a base. Like I've done before here and here, I added a simple plaid design with a thin striping brush. For the stripes I used Brilliant Blue, Pacific Blue and Raindrop. I topped it all with G&G HK Girl top coat.



As you can tell, I'm not done with this easy plaid design yet. It just looks so lovely!



 I like how the blue holo peeps through as well. Tomorrow is Tuesday already and I haven't prepared anything yet... I am currently wearing this week's N.A.I.L. mani (due on this blog on Friday) and I do not want to take it off! But I must... tomorrow!

Love, Brethil

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!! That plaid just blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the effect compared to how easy it is :), I'm glad you like it, you should try it yourself!

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the polishes you used!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Blue is always good for polishes in my opinion!

      Delete