Wednesday 11 March 2015

The Nail Challenge Collaborative presents: Fashion - Victoria Beckham


Hi all!

This month's NCC is all about fashion. My first mani was inspired by this pin here, a dress by Victoria Beckham. Quite simple, yet very striking.


From left to right:
  • Sinful Colors - 101 Snow Me White
  • L.A. Colors - NP136 Black Velvet
  • Rimmel - 711 Rain Rain Go Away
  • Lucky 13 Lacquer - Elemental Ward


I started with a white base (2 coats of Snow Me White). I chose to do the stripes freehand, which means it's not as perfect as it would have been had I gone with striping tape. I used different striping and flat brushes to apply my stripes. Black Velvet was not opaque with one stroke, so I had to go over them twice. When it was dry I added a coat of Elemental Ward to seal it in.



As you can see I did the design in two different 'sizes' for effect. I figured doing them all like my middle and ring finger would be a bit too loud.



I really like the simplicity of the design... and I may have something with striped fashion (even if I barely have any striped clothing items myself)... my second mani has stripes as well....

More fashion down here!

6 comments: