Saturday 23 January 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - 3 shades of purple & negative space


Hi all!

For some reason I thought I wrote this post and scheduled it.... guess again. So I'll keep it short because I'm already late. This week's prompt is 3 shades of purple. My personal pattern is negative space. Not my favourite one, due to my stained nails (still recovering from a bad yellow stain a few months ago). But it's not that obvious, I hope.


Polishes:
  • NYC - 257 Lavender Cupcake
  • Essence - 133 Oh my glitter!
  • Catrice - 32 The Dark Knight
  • Essence - the gel base coat
  • Lucky 13 Lacquer - Elemental Ward


Just base coat to start with. I used several striping brushes to add a plaid pattern. Sealed it all in with Elemental Ward.


My third purple was different at first, but I didn't like it, so I hid it with something darker. Just pretend you can't see it... *winks*


Do you like negative space in your mani? Yes/no? Let me know!

Love, Brethil

More purples down here!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I really should try to create some negative space manicures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This design looks so neat, especially with the negative space portions peaking out. Your nails look so nice with absolutely no staining (my nails are disgustingly yellow since I don't use a base coat, lol, bad I know). I did a negative space french manicure years ago but I might have to do a bit more negative space in light of it becoming a trend now! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete