Friday 30 September 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Earth Tones


Hi all!

This week we have the last prompt for this nail art challenge, it's been a year since it started already! There's a new challenge in the works, so keep posted for that one! We're ending with Earth Tones and my personal pattern is water colour... I've tried that technique with polish which never turned out as imagined so this time I used acrylic paints. I've never used them for my nails ever, so this was a first.


Polishes (and paints):
  • Polish My Life - Vail
  • Amsterdam Acrylic paint - 409 Burnt Umber
  • Amsterdam Acrylic paint - 411 Burnt Sienna
  • Amsterdam Acrylic paint - 227 Yellow Ochre
  • Lucky 13 Lacquer - Elemental Ward


Base: 2 coats of Vail. One layer of Elemental Ward before I started playing with the paints. I diluted the paints with water and blobbed them on, using the brush to remove any excess. More Elemental Ward to seal it all in.



After a very warm beginning of September, it ended more like autumn, so wearing these all week was very fitting. Perhaps I'll even play with acrylic paints more often...

Love, Brethil

More earth toned nails down here.

1 comment: