Thursday 11 July 2013

Catrice - Glamazona Limited Edition

Today I have swatches of all 5 polishes in the Catrice Glamazona Limited Edition for you. I have shown them in my shoplog, but here they are again in all their glory:


As a reminder, from left to right:

  • C01 Jungle Treasure (top)
  • C01 Dirty Liana
  • C02 I Got The Flower!
  • C03I'm A Survivor
  • C04 Lime Heart Is Beating Like A Jungle Drum
Let's start with Dirty Liana, which seemed most popular when I got to Kruidvat, it was already sold out. All the other colours were still around plenty. I had to visit another Kruidvat to get my hands on Dirty Liana, and I am glad I went to that trouble. It is such a gorgeous colour. A perfect teal creme.


It applied easy and was opaque in 2 coats. It dries quickly as with all Catrice polishes. Pictures are with Essence better than gel nails top sealer fast dry.


Next is I Got The Flower!, the bright purple in this collection. I fully expected the same type of formula as with Dirty Liana, but I was wrong. I Got The Flower! is much sheerer, which is a shame. I still think it is an awesome colour though!


Pictures are with 3 coats, no top coat. It shines like that all on it's own!


Third in the collection is I'm A Survivor, a red creme. The formula is similar to the purple, a little less opaque than I am used to from Catrice. It does have the same shine as well!


Pictures show 3 coats, no top coat.


Last in the main polishes is the yellow creme with the extremely long name: Lime Heart Is Beating Like A Jungle Drum. The name might be cute, it does not match the polish. It isn't a lime, it is very yellow. I do not own many yellows, and I definitely needed a nice creme yellow, so I am glad I bought it. Lime green would have been nice too *winks*. Onto the pictures!

I needed 3 coats for this coverage, yellows have a reputation for needing more coats than other colours. Pictures are with Glisten & Glow H K Girl Top Coat which I bought at Mei Mei's Signatures, an online polish store from Singapore. They have a huge collection of Indie polish brands, and I mean huuuuge.




The absolute last polish in this collection is the "Crocodile Cracker" top coat: Jungle Treasure. It appears golden in the bottle, but after application and cracking it is more champagne. I'm not too fond of gold, so I like it this way. I have layered it over a couple of polishes, I started with the Essence Mint Me Up that I wore earlier this week:


This combination is subtler than some of the other combinations I tried, I do like it. I also paired it with some of the other Glamazona polishes:


Dirty Liana with Jungle Treasure. It is more gritty than other crackle top coats, but that does give it a certain charm. And it sparkles! Okay, just a little.


Next is I Got The Flower! with Jungle Treasure:


And I'm A Survivor with Jungle Treasure:


I do recommend using a top coat before you add Jungle Treasure. Even if I'm A Survivor was dry, adding the crackle coat appeared to dissolve it a bit. You can see the colours blended a little.

I do like this Limited Edition collection from Catrice, some LE's have polishes that don't appeal to me much. Mostly because I feel I already own a similar colour. If you like any of them, be quick, I imagine certain colours to sell out fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment