Sunday 23 February 2014

LynBDesigns - Double Bluff, Pliny the Elder and IOU

Hi all!

I had planned to finish this post earlier, but life got in the way, which means I am writing this with eyes ready to close for the night (and a cat between myself and my keyboard). Last month it was the anniversary of LynBDesigns, she had an amazing sale with 50% off. I could not pass this up and bought several polishes. They arrived last week, and I haven't had time to swatch them all (except on a swatchstick), but I do have a few I have to show you today. Why today? Because LynBDesigns has another 50% off sale this weekend! The occasion is Jenna's mum's birthday, yay! Use the code MOOMY to get yourself some lovely polishes cheap here! All polishes are inspired by different fandoms, there are nearly too many to choose from! And if you order Saturday (it still is Saturday in the USA obviously) you get a Limited Edition polish for free!


First we have Double Bluff and Pliny the Elder from the "They Say of the Acropolis" collection, inspired by the show QI. Both are holographic, but different.




Since my time was limited, I decided to show you both these polishes in one mani. They look lovely together as you can see. Double Bluff is a taupe meets rose pink, a gorgeous nudish polish, opaque in 2 coats. Pliny the Elder is a dark berry with orange mini hex glitters, which makes this interesting in indirect light as well.


And then you catch some sun... it just explodes on your nail. You have to own these two, you really do!



To show off IOU from the Baker Street collection (inspired by Sherlock) I decided to go for some simple nail art. I used the following polishes:
  • LynBDesigns - IOU
  • LynBDesigns - White Fang
  • NYC - 003 Prey of Grey
  • W7 - 28 Black
  • Miss Helen - 125




I am wearing two coats of IOU on my index finger, ring finger and pinky. You can still see a tiny bit of visible nail line, but even I did not mind. I topcoated with Glisten&Glow's HK Girl Topcoat. For my accents on my thumb and middle finger I am wearing two coats of White Fang. I have a love/hate relationship with white polishes. I am not good at applying them. LynBDesigns polishes come with round brushes, which is just fine for any polish, but I could not get an even application with two coats. I totally blame myself, as you can see the other polishes went on like a dream with the same brushtype. Normally I prefer flat brushes, but even with a flat brush I stole off another polish I have, it took very careful application to get it nice and even in 2 coats. Perhaps one day I'll master the technique to apply white polish better *winks*. Using a striper brush I added the waterfall mani with the grey, black and red polish. This is actually my first waterfall, I have seen The Nailasaurus do them lots of times, and it was easier than I thought.


And some bottle shots of two other polishes I bought. I didn't have more time to show you a mani with them unfortunately.



Now hurry with the shopping at LynBDesigns, before you know it this sale is gone!

4 comments:

  1. You know, I wasn't going to buy any more nail polish and then I saw this post…and now I have 6 new pretties on their way to me! Haha. I love the nail art that you did with all of these! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happens to me as well. But this time I restrained myself. I did place another order with LynBDesigns, but those are the ones my best friend wanted and we used my account for convenience ;)

      Delete
  2. Wat zijn ze mooi! Ik moet me heel erg inhouden om niet ook te bestellen.

    ReplyDelete