Wednesday 5 February 2014

Nail-Art-A-Go-Go - Contrast


Hi all!

It's already Day 5 of the Nail-Art-A-Go-Go Challenge organised by Gnarly Nails. I have wanted to participate more often, but time and life got in the way. This week's themes are great though and I've seen some great mani's around. Today's theme is Contrast. 


From left to right:
  • Paris - #234
  • Barry M - Nail Art Pen Black
  • Glisten&Glow - HK Girl Top Coat
  • HEMA - Top Coat Matt

I started out with a white base (3 coats, I hate this white, but have no better alternative yet). I top coated it with HK Girl so it would dry faster. I went with the theme contrast in several ways, perhaps not all obvious. Black versus white is a huge contrast to begin with. On my index finger is a broken heart, matte, versus the whole heart, glossy, on my pinky.



On my middle finger I have a sad/happy face, on my ring finger sun versus rain. The sad face and rain halves of those nails are matte. It's not that obvious from the photos though. I think I need a better matte top coat. On my thumb I have the words Love versus Hate, again Hate matted.




Which (affordable) matte top coat do you use? I need something better than this one!

Check out the other Contrast mani's below!

3 comments:

  1. Love the nail art! I really like how you did the broken heart :) I wish I was better at doing nail art. The problem is that I can do my left hand fine but when I get to my right hand that is when it all goes terribly! Any tips on doing your right hand?

    -Shelby
    http://bittersweetshelby.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't do the right hand as well either. The nail art pens do help, and moving slowly. Or to simplify the design on the right hand ;)

      Delete