Thursday 10 April 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday - Coral


Hi all!

Today's prompt is Coral. Probably meant as the colour... but seeing as my only real coral polish was given to me only a few days ago (♥ my mum, she gave me 7 polishes)... I am taking this coral prompt the other way. Coral is not just a name for a colour... they are beautiful animals!


The list... from left to right:
  • Catrice - LE Candy Shock - C02 Play It Blue
  • Manhattan - Fluo club - unnamed blue
  • Catrice - 865 Yellow Sub-Mandarin
  • Catrice - 400 Blue Cara Ciao
  • Miss Helen - unnamed green
  • Etos - unnamed turquoise
  • Etos - Effect nails - 001
  • Miss Helen - 07
  • Miss Helen - unnamed holo topper



Not that you can see much of it, but my base is 2 coats of Play It Blue (it needs 3 for opacity), then a coat of the blue Manhattan, which gives it a nice shimmer. Next I freehanded different types of coral with the other polishes, some colours mixed. The orangy blotch on my index finger is my attempt at a sort of laminated coral like this one. More inspiration photographs I used are here, here and here. I topped everything with the holo glitter topper I've had for ages (that's one coat you see there).




And you get to see the "cinderella" hand too! As you can see, it's very similar in design.


For more "coral" manis, check below!

4 comments:

  1. Such a brilliant interpretation of the theme! Wish I could've been clever like you - instead my hands look a weird colour because coral and my skin tone are mortal enemies... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I read the word coral I don't think of the colour first, I think of nature... plus having no old coral coloured polishes meant I had to think of something different ;)

      Delete