Saturday 3 May 2014

MoYou London's Instagram 10k followers nail art challenge - Animal Print


Hi all!

MoYou London is holding a nail art challenge over on Instagram. For each day in May they picked a theme for your Nail Of The Day. You have to use their stamping plates, but you don't have to do a mani each day. They will pick 3 winners, not based on likes (yay!). You can win 6 stamping plates (new set that will be released in June), stamping polishes and stampers. As you know I love their stamping plates, so I finally took the plunge and joined Instagram. I won't be doing each day (I don't have that much time!), but I will try to join in when I can. And some days I might combine this challenge with the ones I am already doing. Today's theme is animal print. Now I don't own any plate they made with official animal prints, so I made do with the plates I do have.


Today's polishes:
  • Polish Alcoholic - Mulder (The X-Files Collection)
  • Mundo de Uñas - 18 Silver
I do have this plate from the Sailor Collection that has a fish scale pattern, or dragon scale, however you'd like to view it. To be honest, now that my nails are a bit longer, these images do not fit all my nails properly anymore *pouts*, so XL plates it is next time. Luckily this is the only plate I have like this, most are the full image ones.



Polish Alcoholic is a Dutch indie brand and Sabrina just released this new collection. They all have shreds in them and I love shreds. So I ordered my first polishes on Monday and they arrived on Thurday. I am wearing 2 coats of Mulder, I'll show this polish on it's own soon, it is gorgeous! It's a purple with silver shreds and a lovely shimmer. I figured silver stamping would go nicely, but it was a bit overwhelming due to the full silver scales. So I ended up layering a very thin coat of Mulder on top of my stamping.




I know I won't win anything with today's design, but I still wanted to join in. You can find Polish Alcoholic here. And if you'd like to follow me on Instagram, I'm @brethilebontree *winks*.

2 comments: