Friday 15 August 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet - Inspired by Holiday/Vacation


Hi all!

Today I've got this week's Theme Buffet mani for you, inspired by a holiday/vacation. I could have done lots of things... but you know me, I am weird. So this year's vacation was my long weekend spent at Castlefest. I bought one item there, a drinking horn (and a leather holder to attach it to a belt). So I present you, my drinking horn mani...


From white to black:
  • Sinful Colors - 101 Snow Me White
  • L.A. Colors - NP356 French Nails-Crème
  • Catrice - LE Eve In Bloom - C01 Bloomynous
  • China Glaze - 1077 Call Of The Wild
  • W7 - 28 Black


And here it is, it is a big one, 0,5 liter and is nearly as tall as my light tent. This drinking horn is an actual cattle horn and treated to make it suitable for drinking. The outside is also sanded and smoothed out to show the beautiful pattern. Each horn is different, my husband and best friend also bought a horn, it wasn't that difficult to keep them apart. It holds a pint of cider (or ale, or water) perfectly *winks*.


Onto the nails! My base is two coats of Bloomynous (lovely polish with golden shimmer you can't see here). Then I just added the other colours with a flat nail art brush, the French creme (extremely sheer) mostly to make Snow Me White less white (I do not own a nice opaque off-white polish). I mixed Call of the Wild with some Black as well to get more darkness at the tips. Sealed everything with HK Girl top coat.





Told you it was big! But it's so gorgeous! ♥
What was your weirdest inspiration for a mani?


More holiday nails down in the Inlinkz gallery!

No comments:

Post a Comment