Thursday 14 August 2014

Simples - Week 9 - Splodging


Hi all!

Simples is back! This time we use the infamous splodging, something The Crumpet is renowned for! You can read her post with video tutorial here! And I'm doing the unthinkable... I wanted to wear pink...


Girly goodness:
  • Sinful Colors - 101 Snow Me White
  • Essence - 106 free hugs!
  • Etos - Effect Nails - 001
  • Catrice - 790 The Pinky And The Brain


I started with a white base with no intention to completely cover it up. I cut up some pieces of make up sponge, dabbed them in a drop of pink and started splodging! I customised a light pink by mixing white and free hugs together. There's no order or symmetry in this, but oh so much fun. Much cleaner than splattering polish too! I ended with a coat of HK Girl top coat. Simple, eh?



Only after taking photos I noticed a thread of fluff decided to nest on my nail... and a stray cat hair. Can never escape them!



Of course, I didn't leave my nails like this... I used this as a base for my Golden Oldie Thursday mani! I'll post that one later tonight! Have you splodged before?

6 comments:

  1. I have drybrushed but not splodged (is that even a word?!). I will try it for certain. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To splodge is actually in the dictionary! Synonym for To Splotch. But it's great fun doing it, and gives a lovely base for nail art, or just as is. You should definitely try it!

      Delete
  2. Yay for pink! Heel erg gaaf geworden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik dacht wel dat jij dit leuk zou vinden, al dat roze! Over een uurtje zie je het eind resultaat waar ik echt heel blij mee ben :)

      Delete
  3. Pink nails?! Wow! Haha (; Your splodging looks great though!

    ReplyDelete