Saturday 9 August 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet - Retro


Hi all!

As you've noticed, I didn't manage to get this post up earlier in the week... and today's the last day of this Theme Buffet week. But better late than never! It took a while to find proper inspiration and I settled on something that took a bit more work than I planned... but I love it! What's more retro than paisley? When I saw this top during my google search I knew I had to use these colours and try paisley.


I used these lovelies today:
  • Sinful Colors - 101 Snow Me White
  • China Glaze - 1299 At Vase Value
  • China Glaze - 1152 Sunday Funday
  • OPI - NL N34 You Are So Outta Lime!


My base is a saran wrap of Snow Me White and At Vase Value to make it less stark white. I added a layer of G&G HK Girl top coat to get a smooth surface to do the detail work. Using a few brushes and a small dotting tool I painted the paisleys on my nails. I tried to make them all a bit different. My thumb and ring finger were done with the base shape in Sunday Funday and the other nails with the base in You Are So Outta Lime! (the OPI was a giveaway prize I won from The Polished Polyglot). Thank you again Nati! I topped everything with another coat of HK Girl.



I did my thumb first, and changed to a smaller nail art brush after doing that one. But I don't think they look so bad for my first try at paisley!



I'm pretty happy with this mani, I love these colours together, it just works! Have you tried to do paisley nail art?

Check down the gallery for more retro manis!

8 comments:

  1. These are beautiful!! They're amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *smiles* Thank you, I'm so happy you love them!

      Delete
  2. I love paisley, and you did such a great job here, so many details! I'm glad that OPI green found a home and could be used in such a lovely manicure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it and you bet ya I will be using the OPI more often in the future!

      Delete