Sunday 13 July 2014

Oh Mon Dieu Part Deux - Ikat & FingerFood's Theme Buffet - Skittle


Hi all!

During the month of July the Oh Mon Dieu Part Deux (OMD2) Nail Art Challenge is hosted by Brijit from Brijits Digits, Jacqui from Craftynail, Jemma from Eeeek! Nail Polish! and Lindsay from Nail That Accent!. There are awesome prizes to be won just for joining up, no judging or voting involved! For more information how to enter read this page.

 
Today's theme is Ikat. Ikat is a dyeing technique where the threads are dyed before being woven into a cloth. Parts of the thread are covered up and remain the base colour. Some are dyed with several colours, but for today I've gone for two colours. Each nail has a different pattern however, so it actually fits the FingerFood's Theme Buffet theme of skittle too!


The polishes:
  • Sinful Colors - 101 Snow Me White
  • Catrice - LE Hip Trip - C01 Blue Highway


My base is two coats of Snow Me White. With a small nail art brush I added the patterns with Blue Highway. I based my patterns on actual ikat fabric patterns I found on Pinterest. I sealed it in with HK Girl top coat.



My thumb is sporting a zigzag pattern, which is my favourite of them all.



Which nail is your favourite? Let me know!

For more Ikat designs, visit the other ladies!




2 comments:

  1. I love the colors you used for this and I really like the design on your pinky! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to match my shirt ;), and I do like that design a lot as well

      Delete