Thursday 24 July 2014

Oh Mon Dieu Part Deux - Negative Space


Hi all!

During the month of July the Oh Mon Dieu Part Deux (OMD2) Nail Art Challenge is hosted by Brijit from Brijits Digits, Jacqui from Craftynail, Jemma from Eeeek! Nail Polish! and Lindsay from Nail That Accent!. There are awesome prizes to be won just for joining up, no judging or voting involved! For more information how to enter read this page.

I'll keep it short, it's been a weird day yesterday with our National Day of Mourning for the lost ones of MH17. I've been glued to my tv mostly (and I usually hardly ever watch it). Hence this is a day late. So... we have negative space as prompt. These are my first negative space nails ever! I've had badly stained nails for ages (I am looking at you Essence base coat!), but luckily most of it has grown out now. G&G Stuck on Blu! base coat is great at stain prevention! I started using it in December 2013 and have used no other base coat since.


From left to right:
  • Barry M - Nail Art Pen Black 
  • China Glaze - 1152 Sunday Funday
  • China Glaze - 1148 Tart-y For The Party
  • China Glaze - 871 Lemon Fizz
  • China Glaze - 625 For Audrey
  • Sinful Colors - 952 Hazard 
 

I'm wearing just base coat as a base. Using the bottle brush I added the colours, leaving an empty border around the sides. When that dried I added the stitches with the nail art pen. On my thumb and ring finger I did double stitches to mix it up. Warning: the nail art pen bleeds into your cuticles, very annoying. I ended with a layer of G&G HK Girl top coat.



Don't mind the cat hair... I can't escape those.



I love these colours together! I didn't think I'd like negative space, but these fun colours distracted me of the naked nail parts *winks*. Do you like negative space manis?

More naked nail peeks below!

No comments:

Post a Comment