Friday 22 August 2014

Swatch: OPI - Stir-Fried Eggplant

Hi all!

A few weeks ago I bought 3 OPI's at Big Bazar for €10 (normally they cost around €12 per bottle here, nearly twice as much as their US price). Great bargain. My local Big Bazar mostly had NOPI's and only a few actualy OPI's when I was there. I've shown you the two green ones a few weeks ago, today I'll show you the third one I bought. Again this is a "mystery OPI" and a confirmed dupe of NOPI Smile For The Glam-era. For a list and more info, visit beautygeeks.

I don't swatch a lot, mostly because a lot of the polishes I own have been swatched lots of times before by others. This version in the OPI bottle hasn't however and it can be found on a couple of online stores if you do a quick google search.


The label is slightly different than normal, for a comparison, look here.


I am wearing 2 easy coats. It applied lovely, first coat was a bit patchy, but the second coat smoothed it all out as you can see. I am wearing a coat of G&G HK Girl top coat on top. In the bottle you can see it has gold shimmer, but it does not appear very gold on the nail to me. If it's sunken in a bit it gets covered by the polish itself, a lovely dark aubergine, and appears more magenta to me.



This might not be a very suitable polish for August, but with the rain we've had this week it feels like autumn already. I do love a vampy purple!


I took a picture in direct light to show you the magenta shimmering, it makes this polish very pretty.


Have you seen this beauty around? What do you think?

2 comments: