Friday 25 April 2014

Nail Art Ideas Linkup - April - Diamonds


Hi all!

This week's theme is Diamonds... they're lovely gems obviously, but I didn't feel like adding rhinestones to my nail. Diamonds are also a shape I own in glitter! So a glitter mani it is!


One polish, one glitter jar:
  • Catrice - LE Luxury Lacquers - Holomania - C01 Holo Manolo
  • Essence - LE Superheroes - 02 Fantastic Girl



I went for a simple mani today, two coats of Holo Manolo and some glitter placement. On my thumb and middle finger I placed 4 diamond shaped glitters in a sort of diamond shape. And I actually like these nails best. I placed the glitters in a row on my index finger and pinky. I can never seem to get the line straight down the middle though. On my ring finger I thought I would do something more elaborate, but it's not centered and that bugs me a bit.



The subtle linear holo that is Holo Manolo. All photos are with indirect light inside my lightbox. I totally forgot to take direct light photos. I chose this base because it's sparkly, but not too much to overwhelm the small glitters.


Simple but nice. Only annoying bit was fishing the well-cut glitters from the jar. There are tons that are not diamond shaped but have strange cut lines... frustrating. Do you get annoyed from irregular cut glitters?

More diamonds below! Give them your love!

No comments:

Post a Comment