Wednesday 22 October 2014

52WPNMC - '70s Grey with colour


Hi all!

This week's two prompts are the '70s and Grey + a colour. Personally I think greys are very underrated, I always love them and have a couple of lovely indie greys I adore. I did a quick google image search for '70s and grey and found this dotty image here and this swirly image here. I thought they'd combine in a nice skittlette mani and I own the perfect grey indie polish to go with these too! Take a look!


The greys and colour in a row:
  • LynBDesigns - IOU
  • NYC - 003 Prey of Grey
  • Catrice - LE NEONaturals - C05 Have A Good Day
  • Miss Helen - 24


I am wearing 3 coats of IOU on my index and middle fingernails. I've blogged about IOU before, you can see it here. On the other nails I applied two coats of Prey of Grey to start with. On my little fingernail I added dots with Have A Good Day first and when it dried with either Prey of Grey or with the red polish, making sure they were not centered. On my thumb and ring finger I used my striping brush to add the swirly lines with Have A Good Day, and one or two with red for contrast. Everything is sealed in with G&G HK Girl top coat.



I really like the little pop of colour on the greys, I really enjoyed wearing this! Also, it reminded me of cable knit sweaters.



IOU is still available here if you want it. Do you wear grey often?

Love, Brethil

More '70s or greys down here!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty grey nails and with the pop of red adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grey + a colour is always great, you can pair so many colours with grey

      Delete
  2. IOU is a very interesting looking polish and I really like the combination you made with it. I like gray and I wear it a lot, at least when it comes to outfits, but on my nails I usually combine it with a strong color or I make nail art with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IOU is great, I love grey nail polish, but I don't really have a lot of grey clothing ;)

      Delete