Tuesday 4 February 2014

Tri Polish Tuesdays - Pinky Haze border


Hi all!

February means new colours for the Tri Polish Challenge. We have to work with brown, pink and grey. Difficult colours, especially if you're stubborn like me and prefer to use hot pink. I haven't decided on what to do for the other tuesdays, but today I'm sticking with one of my favourite pinks.


From left to right:
  • Catrice - 790/27 The Pinky And The Brain
  • NYC - 146 Grey Haze
  • Essence - 124 Wanna Say Hello

Narf! Oops, that one slipped. I blame the pink *winks*. I have a bottle from 2012 when they used 3 digit numbering, but it's still available these days (even after the next revamp).


So, I wanted to recreate my border mani, because I loved it so much. But with this month's colours. Uhm.. yeah. Hard. It kind of works, though I think it would look better with black stitching instead of brown. If only I had a very dark brown *winks*. I alternated with the colours. I think I prefer the pink border around the grey.




At first I did all nails with the grey base, but it didn't feel right, you still get to see the result!


Which version do you prefer of my border nails? Grey border around pink or pink border around grey?

Also, check out the other ladies for this week down below!

3 comments:

  1. These look so cool, that hot pink is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great tutorial for those of us who are not so great at doing nail designs, like me! I love that this is very unique and I haven't actually seen a tutorial around for nails like these ones. Great job!

    -Shelby
    http://bittersweetshelby.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete