Monday 21 October 2013

33DC2013 Day 13 - Chinese

I am currently in London, so this post was scheduled beforehand.


Today's prompt is Chinese. Currently we are in the Year of the Snake in Chinese zodiac which runs from February 10th 2013 until January 30th 2014. This time the year of the snake is paired with the Water element, hence it really being the Year of the Water Snake. I tried to corporate this in today's manicure.


Polishes I used:
  • NYC - 038 Blue.Lita
  • Catrice - 350 Hip Queens Wear Blue Jeans!
  • Catrice - 42 Nickel Minaj

I started with a base of Blue.Lita. It is a light blue just like NYC Raindrop, just slightly different. I did a comparison of those two last Saturday. When my base (2 coats) was dry I dabbed a slight gradient on my nails with Hip Queens and Blue.Lita. This stands for the water part of the Year of the Water Snake *winks*.



With a nail art brush I painted a silver snake across my nails with Nickel Minaj. I used a fine brush for the forked snake tongue and the eyes. I used some slow drying top coat on the snake to place the diamond glitters to represent the snake scales. I covered it all in two coats of top coat to make sure no glitter stuck out.




It was so sparkly! Too sparkly for the camera... poor thing. The glitter I used was in a small Essence nail art kit. I definitely need more loose glitter, I loved this manicure and I think I need more hand placed glitter on manis. For now you can enjoy this one. Therefore, more pictures (taken with flash for optimal glitter effect)!




Bonus image: the right hand!


I'm curious what the others came up with!

6 comments:

  1. These look great. I like that you put so much thought into the 'Chinese nails" theme!
    By the way how does everyone find out about these 31 day challenges?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :). I read about this 33 day challenge on The Crumpet's blog, she's the organiser. The other 31 day (daily) one is always in September, but one mani a day is more than I can handle. So when I read about the 33 day one, doing a mani 3x a week which is very doable for me, I joined The Crumpet's Nail Tarts group. You can read about it here: http://www.the-crumpet.com/2013/08/are-you-ready-for-crumpets-nail-tarts.html. The Nail Tarts also organise other challenges. Come join us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/purplecrumpetfairy/

      Delete
    2. Does everyone do every single challenge?.... or can you pick and choose which to do and upload them with that "add your link" button?
      I'd really love to be involved but there is no way I have time for 3 manis a week =(

      Delete
    3. I am going to try to do them all, even if the subjects seem difficult, it is a challenge after all *winks*. If you can't do them all, don't worry. I don't think anyone minds. To add your blog to the Inlinkz (the Add your link button) you'll need the Inlinkz code and put it in your blog post. Then you add your link, there's a nice tutorial video here: http://youtu.be/newoHqQwU44
      On the FB page for the Crumpet Nail Tarts there is a document with the Inlinkz codes for each challenge (visible to members only, so join us!)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. :) Thanks! I loved wearing them back then as well

      Delete