Thursday 11 September 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday - Ignored for too long & 31DC 2.0 - Primary/Secondary


Hi all!

Today is another combination post. I've got an ignored oldie for GOT and I had to do either primary or secondary colours for 31DC 2.0. As last month's TPT colours were the primary colours (in art anyway) I was a bit sick of those. So I bring you a mani with a tiny twist. I'm using a Portugese indie polish by Crazy Polish Lady called Sand in my flip-flops. I have had this polish for over a year (bought it along a few others in June 2013) and it was a bit ignored. But it has glitters in mostly red, yellow and blue! Plus it reminds me of summer and this week's weather is lovely, so much better than rainy August!


Today's  lovelies:
  • Crazy Polish Lady - Sand in my flip-flops (Summer is up collection)
  • P2 - 040 illegal
  • Essence - LE Tribal Summer - 02 INTI INKA


First a close-up of the bottle, just ignore the pale lilac glitters and focus on the primary coloured ones! I love the mix between the tiny hexes and the bigger ones. Even if the bigger ones are not that big!


I am wearing 3 coats of Sand in my flip-flops on my nails, and you can still slightly see a nail line. The hex glitters sit in a sand coloured crelly, very beachy. This polish dries almost smooth, I added just one coat of HK Girl top coat. My accent nail is two coats of illegal, a lovely red textured polish. I used illegal to create some seastars as well. I added some yellow dots and shading with INTI INKA to finish it off. I didn't op coat the seastars, I kind of like them being textured.



I tried two rows of dotting on each seastar leg, but it turned out a bit messy, so for the other one there is a single row on each leg. I like it better with just one row.



I really like wearing this and probably won't take it off until tomorrow night or Saturday. Good thing I already did tomorrow's mani earlier this week! (Yes, I like to work in illogical order). Are you still clinging to summer?

You can still buy this polish, from the Crazy Polish Lady shop or through her Facebook page. Her prices are fair and shipping costs are reasonable as well!

More ignored oldies down here!


4 comments:

  1. The nail art is gorgeous and I fell in love instantly with Sand in my flip-flops, it is more than beautiful!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you like Sand in my flip-flops, it's a lovely polish indeed! Have a great weekend yourself!

      Delete