Tuesday 23 September 2014

Tri Polish Tuesday - September - Triangles & The Nail Challenge Collaborative presents: Geometric


Hi all!

And my second post for today is of course my Tri Polish Tuesday one, again combined with a geometric mani for The Nail Challenge Collaborative. I just went with some simple triangles for this mani, nothing too fancy.



The polishes, from left to right:
  • NYC - 257 Lavender Cupcake
  • Catrice - 880 No Snow Petrol
  • OPI - Push and Shove
  • Essence - Sparkle Sand Effect - 183 Be my lucky star


I'm wearing two coats of Lavender Cupcake and instead of taping off my nails for the teal triangles, I painted some scotch tape and cut triangles after it dried to make some decals. It's easy to stick to your nails, but I found that come corners decided to curl up, which annoyed me. I probably won't try this decal method again. I added a silver line to the teal triangles with Push & Shove and a striping brush. My accent nail is one coat of Be my lucky star on top of Push & Shove.



On my thumb I placed the triangle from the tip down, which meant even more sticking up from the tape... not a good idea.



Sometimes simple is all I need... so besides the tape decals sticking up, I do like this design.

Other Tri Polish mani's down here!


And more Geometric mani's as well!

6 comments:

  1. I love this design! The colours look so great together x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, this month's TPT colours are so great :)

      Delete
  2. i love that fierce pointy design. everytime i do something like this on my nails I looove it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is nice! I like the combination of color to these nails too.

    ReplyDelete