Friday 14 March 2014

Nail Art Ideas Linkup - March - Aqua


Hi all!

This week's theme for Nail Art Ideas Linkup is Aqua. I don't have a lot of aqua polishes it seems. I made do with what I have.


Today's polishes:
  • NYC - 320 Blue Sky
  • Essence - 10 Glorious Aquarius (old formula)
  • Mundo de Uñas - 24 Aqua

And MoYou London Sailor 04. I used two different fish images and the wave image.



I started with a base of Blue Sky, which is the colour that you see in the bottle. I then added a coat of Glorious Aquarius, which appears to be aqua glitters in a clear base... well, more yellowish clear base as it discoloured Blue Sky. It's a shame, there's this yellowish film over it now. I stamped on top of Glorious Aquarius with the Aqua stamping polish and several images from the MoYou plate. It was like secret stamping... from a distance it's not visible.



Removal gave me a huge scare though. I used the foil method and when I removed it my nails were nearly as blue as the polish had been. No kidding. I used more nail polish remover... did not budge. Washed my hands, still blue. Finally I rubbed it with "acetone" (apparently you can sell something labelled as acetone when it's not purely acetone... ecological acetone that doesn't smell like acetone) and managed to get it all off. Crisis averted... just.



Now I better wrap this up before I fall asleep... I do like this colour, but I won't redo this combination... the yellowing is just too annoying.

Check out the other manis below!
---------------------------------------------

2 comments: