Tuesday 18 March 2014

Tri Polish Tuesdays - Holo stripes


Hi all!


Polishes from left to right:
  • Catrice - LE Holomania - C02 ApHolo 7
  • Catrice - LE Holomania - C03 Holo In One
  • Catrice - LE Holomania - C04 Plum Me Up Scotty

These polishes are part of the 24-polish Luxury Lacquers Limited Edition that is currently available. These are 3 of the 4 Holomania, all holographic polishes. The other one that I didn't use in this mani is a silver one.



My base is 1 coat (yes, only one!) of Holo In One, a lovely sea green. It is similar to ILNP's 1st and 15th in colour, but quite different in holographic effect and opacity. These polishes cannot top ILNP linear holos, not by a long shot. If you crave that in your face linear holographic bend, get some indie holos instead. These 3 Catrice polishes are much thicker and have more colour pigment, hence they're more opaque than ILNP. But ILNP's has more specraflair (and less pigment) making the linear bend much more visible.


With a small nail art brush I added stripes along my free edge or cuticle line, depending on the nail, with ApHolo 7 and Plum Me Up Scotty.



In sunlight you can see that there is a linear bend hiding between all the pigment, but it just can't come out to play like it wants to. I'll try and get a proper comparison post up for later this week. What kind of holo do you prefer? Ultra linear bendy ones or more subtle linears like this one?

More Tri Polish Tuesday mani's below!

3 comments:

  1. Holy smoke!!!! Holomania?!?! I can just tell we won't get those here in SA and I LOOOOOOVE them!! *weeps*

    LOVE what you did here. It's spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do get this LE! We don't get all of them here in NL either (wish I lived closer to the German border), but we did get this one. I didn't like the 8 glitter polishes, and the fun sand colours were gone before I got a chance to visit the drugstore. I went back for one duo-chrome and a purple sand polish...

      Delete