Friday 16 May 2014

The Neverending Pile Challenge - Discontinued


Hi all!

There are too many challenges! It's hard to pick which ones to enter... which usually means I am letting this one slide... but not today! Today you get a double post from me! Mostly because I wore my base since last night, didn't photograph it (cuticle oil ruins the matteness), saw a few mani's in the Glittah Pirates FB group and decided to spruce it up and join in today.


My three discontinued polishes:
  • Maybelline - Vintage Leather - 207 Turquoise Temptation
  • Maybelline - Vintage Leather - 211 Tanned & Ready
  • Maybelline - Vintage Leather - 212 Mudslide Tote


These Vintage Leather polishes by Maybelline are from the Autumn 2013 collection. They're no longer in the Maybelline stands, so discontinued (being a limited edition), but you can find them here and there. I picked mine up in Action and Big Bazar where they sometimes sell old make-up collections. I believe these are the UK versions (US versions had black caps and different names).



My base was 2 coats of Turquoise Temptation, which is a teal (and probably the same colour as the US version Antique Teal). This dries very quickly, so I had to work fast. I added random swipes of Mudslide Tote (US Ageless Olive?) and Tanned & Ready (US High Style Sienna?) with a nail art brush. Because this has small flecks in it, it does not dry smooth, but does have a soft feel to it. I topcoated my ring fingernail to show you how it looks with top coat. I prefer it matte myself.


Only huge disappointment is durability. I slapped the base on last night, I had my first chips early in the morning, and by the time my workday was over, I had huge pieces of bare nail. I got the chipping around the area where I applied the other polishes, not at the tips! I still enjoyed wearing this though.

Do check out the other ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment