Thursday 12 June 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday - Red


Hi all!

I'll try to make it short, life has thrown an obstacle my way, not a happy Dwarf right now. I already prepared today's and tomorrows mani however (and next weeks TPT), and I do love each of them. So I am not going to withhold those from you. And to take my mind off things I will probably not stop painting my nails either, all depends how inspired I get or not. This blog and nail art are a good distraction *winks*. Anyway... blabbing away... red is today's theme. And I do have a very pretty red polish to show you today. I got this as a Sinterklaas gift in december 2012, it has been discontinued since though.


From left to right:
  • W7 - 28 Black
  • Catrice - 550 Marilyn & Me
  • Essence - Stampy polish white

I also used PUEEN 64, the lovely roses you see center lefthand side.



I started out with a black base (one coat, this black needs 1-2 coats normally). I stamped the roses with my white stamping polish. When that all dried I applied 2 coats of Marilyn & Me on top of the stamping. I finished it with a matte top coat. Marilyn & Me is sadly too sheer to stamp with on her own (which should be quite obvious from layering this). I first saw this layering of a sheer polish over white stamping on Wacki Lacki (she used a thermal, which is on my to-do list as well), but she got this idea from Amateur Manicure (if you are not following her already, you should! Plus she's holding a giveaway right now!).



Marilyn & Me is a red jelly with red microglitter and red shimmer. Some of the specks you can see are from the stamping pattern, some are the microglitters.



I loved this, I don't wear Marilyn a lot because she's so sheer, but layering is perfect! Have you layered a sheer polish on top of white stamping yet? Will you try it?


7 comments:

  1. Dit is echt heel erg leuk gedaan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These nails are lovely! Sorry that things are sucky right now but remember to keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying :)... doing fun nails helps, though time is more limited now

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pattern :) I will definitely be trying layering sheer polish over stamping now I've seen this.

    x ♥ Sophie | So Bright & Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Love this technique, gives lots of possibilities to use those sheerer polishes that might otherwise be neglected :)

      Delete
  4. Goodness, this is so gorgeous! and so smart! I am definitely going to try this. LoVE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's such a clever idea! I'm glad I stumbled upon it to try it myself :)

      Delete