Sunday 29 June 2014

Simples - Week 5 - Basic Dots


Hi all!

Although I am a bit late (week 5 was past week) I'm still showing you my basic dots mani. You can find a tutorial post by The Crumpet here. Because simple can be lovely too!


Today's pretties:
  • Cien - 27 Deep Turquoise
  • L.A. Colors - NP444 Treasure Island

Cien nail polish is a brand from Lidl, yes, the supermarket. It was only € 1,99 and I do like my teals even if they name them deep turquoise instead of teal. This polish was a bit thick to apply, but looks fine in 2 coats. It has a lovely blue shimmer as you can see below.



Of course I had to add dots... I went through my swatch sticks to find a complementary polish and settled on this one. A bit of glitter makes a simple dotticure look quite fancy.




Even though it's simple, I like how this turned out. I'm really loving these two polishes together as well! Has any of you ever bought nail polish from Lidl (or any other supermarket)?

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know they had polishes at Lidl. I use their polish removers and they are good. Nice 3D effect of the dots and the colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't have polishes at Lidl all the time, sometimes they have this temporary display with make-up. Besides polishes there were eye shadows, lip gloss, mascara and lipstick I think. I got two this time, about a year ago they had a display like this as well but with different contents, I picked up 2 that time as well.

      Delete